Kobayashi Online designed and developed a functional, bilingual, mobile-friendly site for automobile industry arbitration organization CAMVAP. The site features pertinent information in French and English, as well as tools for those seeking vehicle buybacks.
As Toronto’s design and development company for creative solutions to meet businesses’ biggest online challenges, Kobayashi Online was able to help CAMVAP meet its core mission of resolving disputes between consumers and vehicle manufacturers.
Completed: May 2012
- Easy edits and updates thanks to the WordPress CMS
- Members login, and multiple-role support
- Custom, dynamic forms for interacting with CAMVAP
- Mobile-friendly stylesheets for smartphones and other Internet-capable devices
- Graphic design to keep with CAMVAP’s corporate style and feel.
Employing the WordPress Content Management System, CAMVAP.ca is powered by the which lets administrators easily maintain and update the site. Kobayashi Online also incorporated the WordPress WPML plugin, which allows a translator to make every page and site element bilingual. Site visitors can easily switch between French and English by choosing a dropdown menu at the top right of the page.
All the site’s pages, content and images (including those in the image sliders) are easily and securely edited by administrators through a web browser, and no additional software. All aspects of the image sliders including captions, titles, and alternative text can be translated, making them fully bilingual, and more easily found by search engines in both languages. Kobayashi Online also implemented a role structure that restricts access to read and edit documents they’re entitled to.
Kobayashi Online developed an online Buyback Checker, which allows you to enter a VIN number to search a database to find out if a particular vehicle has been bought back by a manufacturer under the CAMVAP program since 1999.
CAMVAP.ca has also been designed to be shown on the latest devices including smartphones and tablets. The site detects what device the visitor is using to access the site, and adjust the size, style and layout accordingly. This ensures that site content is optimized for large desktop screens all the way down to small smartphones.
The site was also coded with search engines in mind. Editors can create new page, select their privacy level and add them to the menu with as few as three clicks. With our SEO plugin, pages can be given more search keyword strength, as well as different meta keywords and descriptions, which help search engines better categorize the site.
Note: The new CAMVAP logo, which was incorporated into the CAMVAP website as it went live in May, 2012, was created by graphic designer Danielle Devay. Her design was selected by CAMVAP from a number of designs developed by the 2012 Corporate Identity Design students as part of the Honours Bachelor of Design program at Sheridan College in Oakville, Ontario.
Platform: WordPress 3.3.2
- BackupBuddy: Enables backups for restoring the site, and for migrations. Files, settings, and content are all backed up for a complete site snapshot.
- Formidable and Formidable Multilingual: Formidable is a powerful plugin that makes it quick and easy to create drag-and-drop forms. Formidable Multilingual extends Formidable’s capabilities to multilingual sites.
- Role Scoper: CMS-like permissions for reading and editing. Content-specific restrictions and roles supplement/override WordPress roles. User groups optional.
- WordPress SEO: This all-in-one SEO plugin provides on-page content analysis, XML sitemaps and many more features that help search engines better find sites.
- WPML Multilingual CMS and WPML String Translation: WPML allows WordPress to deliver organized multilingual websites. The WPML String Translation adds the ability to translate and localize all text in the WordPress theme and plugins.